Today was my first full day in St. Maarten and it is BEAUTIFUL!
Went for a morning walk to explore and had to stop and appreciate the beauty.
The day consisted of: relaxing underneath an umbrella, lunch by the ocean, swimming in crystal clear water, and exploring the island. I couldn’t ask for more!
Around the resort you can find coconuts that have fallen from the trees. When I see a coconut ALL I can think is … coconut cake, coconut ice cream, coconut coffee, coconut cookies, coconut everythanggg. #ilovecoconut If I was home I’d be making my famous ISLAND COOKIES for sure!!!
Find the recipe below to taste a little bit of island paradise.
Ps. Red and Green food coloring on your toasted coconut make the perfect holiday cookies.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups of white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup flaked coconut (toasted is better)
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels, coconut and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
then …. ENJOY!